Literary Pieces, Views and Opinions!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Alternate Dimension


Early dawn broke across your face,
Like rose-tipped fingers dipped in gold,
Sensation that ran across,
When a shiny ray tickled my body,
An urge to hide,
Hide and burrow into my pores,
A light show underneath my skin,
I wrapped myself up, into your arms,
Trying to elude shadows of fear,
Trying to trick them into evaporating,
Smoke through a keyhole,
But the fear that still lingered,
Despite your soothing words, and your hands caressing me,
The fear that escalated lapped me up,
And desolation laughed along with misery,
At misery of your solitude and mockery of my innocence,
Threaded together, creating a steel cable that ran unbroken,
Binding itself to reality,
The moment of honesty is what you whispered,
Beneath your murmurs in this vague reality
Whispers of truth that hang themselves from your mouth,
Like dripping drops of morning dew,
But is that the freedom you wished for?
Like those morning dew that evaporate with the rising sun,
For despite all this, I am still convinced,
That we are each other’s salvation,
Or may be salvation is far-fetched,
And dreams took over your conscience,
This half-alive state of surreal-ness fogs my sense of time,
And everything slows down, creating an alternate dimension.

--Composed together by Jacqueline Terra and Paudel

No comments: